The impact of the Construction Industry on the South African and international economy is wide ranging and give raise to an assortment of practical and legal issues which at first glance may seem unrelated. Frese Gurovich Attorneys’ extensive experience of more than two decades have made us one of the leaders in the legal principles and methodology surrounding construction law and places us in a unique position to ensure that the appropriate legal advice and support is offered to our clients.
We take pride in our ability to understand the intricacies and nuances of our clients’ needs enabling us to provide strategic advice considering the economical, legal and practical implications each decision has on a construction project. Our ability to see any construction project through from inception to completion efficiently and effectively has cemented our clients’ confidence in our firm and build relationship that have lasted over two decades.
Our clients include:
- Construction companies in the civil, engineering and electrical fields.
- Financial institutions such as banks and especially insurance companies who issues performance guarantees (or surety bonds or demand guarantees) or provides other forms of professional indemnity and construction insurance.
- Insurance underwriters.
- The various design professions and project managers.
- Employers and Developers.
Our services are as wide ranging as the needs of our clients which include:
- Drafting and negotiating all forms of contractual documents including performance bonds, notarial and mortgage bonds;
- Project Finance;
- Appointment of Professional and Design teams;
- Vetting of tenders/quotation for submission in private or government contracts;
- Advising on the standard forms of contracts such as:
o The suite of contracts published by the Federation Internationale Des Ingeniers-Conseils (FIDIC)
o The General Conditions of Contract for Construction Works (GCC) published by the South African Institution of Civil Engineering
o The suite of contracts published by the Joint Building Contracts Committee (JBCC) and the Domestic/Nominated/Selected Sub-contract agreements by the JBCC and the Master Builders of South Africa
o The NEC suite of contracts
- Contractual claims.
- Risk assessment and management;
- Dispute resolution including negotiation, mediation, adjudication, arbitration and litigation.